Install Gohost Theme
To install Gohost Theme, follow the steps given below:
- Extract your download package main ZIP file.
- Next, look for the folder name Gohost-pro and upload this folder to WordPress via Admin.
- OR, you can also upload the Gohost-pro folder to
http://www.yourdomain.com/wordpress-dir/site-data/themes/directory using an FTP software like Filezilla, , WinSCP, CuteFTP or others.
- OR, Upload the zip file to themes directory using admin panel. To do that navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes , here click on Add new then click Upload Theme and upload the zip file
Log into your WordPress admin using the following URL:
Next, go to Appearance > Themes. Here, you shall see a thumbnail of Gohost Pro theme. Click on ‘Activate’ link to activate the theme.
Install recommended plugins
Install the recommended plugin: Elementor and others. You will see a notice to install it after you’ve activated the theme. Install all the recommended plugins and then active them.
Default elementor colors
If you are planing to use the dummy data provided with the theme then it is recommended to disable the default Elementor colors and fonts, You can change this latter if you want to use Elementor defaults.
To do that please navigate to
Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins and click on the settings option present below the Elementor plugin name. This will open Elementor settings page now on this page check the two checkbox as shown in image below and click on Save Changes.
Import dummy data
You can find the dummy / sample data in Dummy Data folder under theme zip you have downloaded. Please follow the below methods to import the dummy data:
- Automatic – Install this plugin and then navigate to Appearance > Import Demo Data. It will import all demo content and change your homepage and blog page to the ones from our demo site.
- Manual – Find the dummy data file in downloaded folder, then from your admin area go to Tools > Import > WordPress and select the file you’ve in your theme folder.
Create static front page
By default, WordPress shows blog posts on front page unless we change these settings to show a static page. In our case, we will create a Home page and set it as static front page. You can follow these steps for creating a Home page as static front page
If you imported the dummy data then home page and blog page automatically created.
If you do not import then follow the given steps.
Pages > Add New. Next, enter a title for your home page. Say, “Home”.
This will create a basic Home Page. But this page will still not appear on front page. For that, it will be required to set Front page Displays.
Please Select Home Template for Home page.
Similarly, Navigate to
Pages > Add New create one more page and call it “Blog”.
Settings > Reading > Front page displays > A static page. Next, set Front page as “Home”, and choose Posts page as “Blog”. Finally, Save the changes.
Once you are done, check the site. It should show your newly created Home page with basic content.
Select font for theme
The Gohost theme has a easy access to the google fonts. You can follow the below steps to select a different font:
- Navigate to
Appearance > Customize > Fonts.Here you can check the default font styles for the theme.
- Now go to the Google fonts, you can see multiple fonts here. Select the one that you like and click on the plus icon present above the font name as shown in below image.
- After that as shown in image below click on Customize then select the font-weights and languages that you want then click on Embed.
- Now here you can see the link and font-family for your selected theme, first select the link above family as shown in below image and paste this code to the
Appearance > Customize > Fontsand in the input field of Font name/style/sets. Same as before copy the font-family text as shown in image and paste this to the
Appearance > Customize > Fontsand in the input field of Font family.